Getting to Know You... Liebster Award!

A big thanks to Jenn at: 
for nominating me for the Liebster Award. What a fun way to get to know a little about each other. There are several steps involved...



Step one: I have to answer the 11 questions that Jenn had for me.
1. Which of your blog posts is your favorite?
I don't have very many posts so far, but while Megan was designing my new blog I put a lot of thought into what I wanted to write about first and the choice was really easy... READ ALOUD in my classroom. It really is my favorite time during our school day. So that post is definitely my favorite.

2.  What is the best thing you have ever invested in for your classroom?
My classroom easel. It was made for me by my dad and I use it everyday. I love to make anchor charts (with my second favorite thing... Mr. Sketch smelly markers!). 

3. What do you have to have to make it through the day?
Easy... Diet Dr. Pepper! 

4. If you could live anywhere, what location would you choose?
I would have to say Florida- that is where our oldest daughter lives and it would be nice to be near her. We don't get to see her nearly enough!

5. What is your favorite memory from your own school days?
My elementary school's Field Day. I love sports and I always looked forward to the end of the school year Field Day. 

6. Do you plan out blog posts in advance or are they more spontaneous?
So far I haven't posted too many times, but the ones I have written I planned out. 

7. What is your favorite restaurant?
I love Mexican food! I would have to say right now my favorite is Chuy's. I love their jalapeno ranch dip! I could eat it by the bucket with their chips.

8. If you had to leave teaching/education, what would you do instead?
I would love to be a librarian or work at a book store. 

9. Which do you prefer: Pinterest or Facebook?
Pinterest for sure! Facebook is like a foreign language to me.

10. What are you most looking forward to doing over the summer?
Watching loads of softball! This will be my youngest daughter's last summer playing competitive softball before she heads to college to play this fall. We will be playing almost every weekend and traveling for tournaments. 

11. What is the best thing you have ever bought from Teachers Pay Teachers?
Clip art! I am addicted. Some of my favorites are Whimsy Workshop Teaching, Pink Cat Studios, Graphics From the Pond...


Step two: Share 11 random facts about yourself...
1. I am an only child.
2. The only thing I like to write with are felt tipped Flair Pens.
3. My favorite smell is lilac (I love the lilac candles from Bath and Body Works).
4. My husband and I discovered our City Market last summer (after going to Pike Place Market on a trip to Seattle) and we love going early on Saturday mornings.
5. Last summer also was my first trip outside the U.S. We went to Canada for a softball tournament.
6. I teach at the same elementary school that I attended as a child.
7. I am left-handed. My youngest daughter is also left-handed.
8. We have 4 dogs, Stringbean, Daisy, Roxy, and Cupcake. They are all rescues. (Our house can be a little crazy at times!)
9. I love to cook. My mom and my grandma are both great cooks and they are my inspirations!
10. Ice cream is my favorite treat.
11. I love to watch t.v. I don't really watch many movies. I think that the DVR is one of the best inventions ever!


Step three: Present the Liebster Award to 5 new bloggers with less than 200 followers:
Check out these new blogs:

Language Arts Bliss
http://languageartsbliss.blogspot.com/
The Pensive Sloth
http://thepensivesloth.com/
Grab My Button
http://aplacein3rd.blogspot.com/



Step four: Write 11 questions for these bloggers to answer in their blog post...
1. What is your favorite children's book?
2. What is your favorite unit/concept to teach?
3. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they? If no, would you like to have one?
4. Describe your personality using three adjectives.
5. What do you look forward to most about summer?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. Are you a sports fan? Favorite sport? Favorite team?
8. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
9. Crayons or markers? What is your preference?
10. Who is your favorite actor or actress?
11. What kind of music do you like to listen to?

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top